Sign-up to receive weekly MRO email updates with news, commentary, photos, videos and more!
MRO executives throughout the world rely on Aviation Week's MRO Edition comprehensive reporting and analysis of the global aftermarket.
MRO Links is an exciting new program that satisfies buyer needs, while providing marketers with an unduplicated lead generation program.
Based on an index of data representing information about which employees care most.
Aviation Week named the 2012 companies most likely to meet the mark.
Aviation Week is proud to announce its new Innovation Special Topic page.
Check out articles, white papers, interactive features and more related to aviation, aerospace and defense innovation.
View the November 2012 Zinio edition of MRO Links from AviationWeek & Space Technology
Visit our MRO Links Page »
It's a wrap: our MRO Europe event is done. Clear themes emerged over the last few days. If you don't mind, let me provide stream of conscious thoughts.
1. OEM vs MRO or OEM and MRO partnerships? Concern exists about OEMs wanting to dominate the aftermarket. Many people expressed the need for balance between the manufacturers, MRO providers and airlines. Will we see a surge in MROs forging partnerships with the OEMs? Absolutely. If MROs want to meaningfully provide services for the next generation of aircraft, will they partner with the manufacturers? Yes.
2. Will independent MROs disappear? Absolutely not. People like choices. But should they be looking at innovative services and extremely efficient support driven by data and exemplary customer services? Do I really need to answer that?
3. Data. Not for the sake of having it but using it to drive better reliability through predictive tools. And integrate it. Silos are falling my friends.
4. Some of the big will get bigger, but local, regional expertise is needed, especially when it comes to things like customs clearance.
5. MRO consolidation will come. Look at the airlines and what is driving link ups like Qantas and Emirates.
6. Tough economic times force innovation and an evaluation of what is core. With technology advancing so rapidly and new business paradigms emerging, what do you want your business to be in 5 years? Can you get there from what you've got in the pipeline now?
The future is now. Innovation and investments are happening. Motivate and execute.
Signing off from MRO Europe.
Copyright © 2013, Aviation Week, a division of McGraw Hill Financial.