Our friends at Flight Displays have been busy, so busy that they forgot to have a press conference here at EBACE. Busy with what I asked, Nick Gray, director of international sales. “So busy back home with orders for our new Cabin Management System. Between a BBJ, VIP B757, Gulfstream V, GIV, Hawker 800, and a Citation Bravo. Today he announced that company has sold its first Cabin Management System to a European customer. Flight Display Systems has sold our first Cabin Management System to a European customer. We want names, but of course he wouldn’t say.
The company has also just had its biggest sales month ever. Sounds as if the recovery has happened for this once small start-up company that now has a serious presence in this industry.
Here’s just a sampling of what they are up to:
• RUAG Geneva is currently installing a Cabin Management System from Flight Display Systems for a Falcon 50 customer. The hardware has been delivered and RUAG Geneva is now in the process of installation.
• In PR speak that might sound like "Flight Display Systems announced here at EBACE that RUAG, an authorized dealer of Flight Display Systems equipment, is performing the first European installation of the Select Cabin Management System."
• The system includes several of our iPad Arm Mounts. (The iPad Arm Mounts do not control the CMS; they are used for watching movies only.) The benefit and what people like about the iPad Arm Mount is that it takes the iPad off of the passenger's lap, it lets them use the full table space, and they can watch a movie while eating dinner, having papers on the desk, etc. Customers LOVE it.
• Our Blu-ray player is being used here for audio and video entertainment on the bulkhead monitors. Flight Display Systems introduced our Blu-ray player at EBACE in 2009 and we were the first company to offer a Blu-ray player for business aviation.
• OLED or Touchscreen passenger control units installed at every seat offer the customer full access to audio/video options on the aircraft.
• "With many completed aircraft already flying in the United States, Flight Display Systems is eager to grow into the European market," said David Gray, president of Flight Display Systems.
Customers pick our system because of our fully HD backbone of the Select CMS.